Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Splendor of Fall

I woke up this morning in Nashville, TN and the thermostat read 28 degrees. The temperature change was a huge shift from the 70s that we had on Wednesday. Just a two-hour drive south to Huntsville, AL and the temperature is now hovering in the mid 50s. What a difference and what a lovely day today is turning out to be! The sun is shining, the air is so fresh and clean and I am warm and comfortable wearing a scarf and light jacket. I am now sipping on a cup of tea as the sun is shining enjoying this Saturday afternoon.

The large Maple tree outside my sunroom window has almost shed all of its leaves while others are still sporting the magnificent colors of Fall. As I look out, I am taking a snap shot with my mind and I almost wish I could freeze time to capture these beautiful moments, but then I realize that it is the change itself that makes it so beautiful. Without Nature’s constant change, everything would be the same and the beauty would become dull and lifeless. Much as in our lives, without change and reinvention the splendor would be gone. If we stop changing and improving ourselves, then we lose ourselves into a world of routine and monotony. Sometimes we need to let our leaves fall, knowing that they will reemerge all the more vibrant again. So as the leaves are falling, I am cherishing these moments as they come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment