Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's Been A Long Time

Hello to all my fellow bloggers, Facebook friends and family!  I am sorry for not updating my blog in such a long time.  I suppose you could say I am at a crossroads of sorts as to whether to continue with my blog.  Since I came back from Japan in June, I felt I had a lot to share but I did not know where to start.  Visiting Japan was one of the best things that I have done and I have no regrets.  I am still trying to sort out my feelings regarding the 9.3 earthquake, living on Camp Zama and the many friendships that I made along the way.  I left a piece of my heart in Japan and I will always cherish the memories of my visit.  I am sure as time passes, I will be able to write about my experiences but for now, I am still holding those memories close. 

In the beginning, I started writing this blog as a form of release to help me articulate many thoughts that I have swimming around in my head.  Some of these thoughts have been bottled up for a long time and just like pouring wine from a bottle; they do not come out all at once. I know that sometimes my postings may seem disjointed and random but they are the outpourings of my mind and they are connected to me and what I am feeling, seeing, or doing at any given time.  Several people have stopped by to read my blog and even some people have commented on my posts. I sincerely thank all of you for taking the time to read my thoughts and thank you for expressing words of kindness and showing some understanding.  I often am asked why I write and my only answer is that it is my life, this is my story, and it is my choice to write about it because it brings me a sense of calm. I am learning to live, speak and write about my life in a positive way and hope that it will inspire others to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment