Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy New Year - Good Bye 2010 Blog

I swear I am running out of steam with all the holidays galore. Whether you celebrated Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or your own special holiday, December is a whirlwind of activity capped off with a final holiday called the New Year—after which brings us a brand spanking new set of 12 months. I don't think I am going to make any New Year's resolutions this year but I typically make continuous goals that I strive for yearlong. These goals are easy, like trying to be a better wife, friend, employee, and overall person. If you want to make changes in your life, you need to start right now with something that is not that hard to change. Here are a few goals that I plan to work on this year:

1. I will try to exercise more regularly.
2. I will try to get more sleep in the coming year because 3-4 hours a night is about to do me in.
3. I will try to drink more water. I think I need to break my McDonald’s Sweet Tea and Starbuck’s Sweetened Green Tea addiction.
4. I will try to recycle more and be mindful of my footprint on this Earth.
5. I hope to do writing/blogging that is more meaningful in 2011.
6. I plan to say, "I love you" or “I appreciate you” every day to those that matter.
7. I want to be a better person. That means I will be more open and more introspective. I will listen more, preach less and lead with smaller steps rather than huge leaps.
8. Lastly, I look forward to the New Year with promise and hope.

I hope when you take time to reflect back on the past 12 months as I have, you will find happy thoughts and pleasant memories. New Year's Day means to me that we all have a fresh start with our goals and resolutions. It means that we have more chances to do the things we have always wanted to do. It means yet another year to spend with our loved ones and our friends. I am wishing you all a safe and wonderful New Year.  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment