Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love is a Four-Legged Word




I have never understood people who say that our four-legged friends do not love. Many people do not think our furry friends have the capacity to love, but I am certainly not one of them. I have lived with dogs and cats for most of my life and I can say without a doubt that these truly amazing creatures have the market cornered on love--and we could all learn a thing or two from them. I have never met a person who can love as completely and without reservation as some of the pets, I have been blessed with in my life. Dogs in particular, are such incredible creatures and you can see the intelligence in their eyes.

It really does not matter what kind of mood I am in, what my hair looks like, what kind of job I have or how much money I make. My furry friends, especially Snoodle, are always there for me. Being a dog – Snoodle has her own way of being there for me. I can tell her my secrets, my fears, my hopes and she will not dismiss them, or talk about me behind my back. She will laugh and play with me when I’m happy--comfort me when I am down--protect me from what she feels are dangers, and she will even let me ramble on for hours if I need to. All the while, she always seems to understand that I love and need her as much as she loves and needs me.

Our animal friends touch the depths of our emotions and beliefs, and in doing so, they change the way we live and fulfill our lives. That is why “love” is a four-legged word for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment